Sunday, November 6, 2011

Flagstaff

We made it to Flagstaff the next night. Again, the Hippo struggled to pull that trailer up the hills, but made it. A heart-stopping moment happened when pulling up one particularly steep hill, with the cruise control set at 55mph. When the RV couldn't maintain 40mph, the cruise control decided to just shut off. No warning at all.

It scared the heck outta me, I thought the engine died. But pressing on the gas pedal reassured me that everything was fine, and the cc had just given up.

We stayed that night in the Flagstaff KOA. For some reason the house 12v was working. We had propane heat and lights! Hooray! This just reinforced my suspicion that the battery was the problem, and that we'd be good from here on.

Flagstaff's KOA is a "green" campground. The signs and notices were rather self-righteous, and insulting. The campground had a pretty cool playground for my daughter though, with a 2 story slide that she loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment